Sunday, September 16, 2007

Exhausted!

I've been a busy bee.

This weekend, I:
1. Cleaned out all the cubbies in the bookshelf. The top is still cluttered and I am at the point where I realize a lot of stuff I actually use - but isn't books - is typically stored in this bookshelf. I have to decide what I can live with, you know? What needs to go there.

2. Cleaned out my storage closet and removed all empty boxes I was storing, and set aside things I haven't used in ages to donate.

3. Took four bags of stuff - one kitchen, one books, two storage closet - to the Good Will.

4. Took an entire car load of boxes and trash to the dumpster.

5. Sorted out mail that has been piled all over forever.

6. Cleaned out storage container cabinet in kitchen. Got rid of stained, broken, incomplete set. Have decided to use disposable plastic containers from grocery store from now on.

7. Took cats to the vet. (Grady got carsick.) Schmade lost 4 pounds last year! Yeah! (It was a good thing to switch from 'diet' cat food to regular.) Fee has to lose 1 pound, and Grady needs to lose 4 more. Go kitties!

8. Went to the State Fair. Saw the blue-ribbon knitting. There was a very pretty shawl. No offense to the knitters, but the socks didn't impress me.

9. Worked on Poseidon sock to the heel turn and knit the other up to the heel increases.

10. Watched about 8 episodes of Burn Notice. I love that show!

I. Am. Exhausted. What's left is to find a place to put the mail basket, clean under my desk, and take out the trash. And then, as far as clutter goes, my job will go from 'attack' to 'maintenance.'

Phew.

Grady

Poseidon

Fee

(Click for bigger, and more pics at Flickr. There are a bunch of the kitties.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Nice work! Love those socks, really, really, love those socks! Go kitties! My family dog, Maggie is a walking ottoman, and her 'diet' food doesn't seem to be doing much!

9:01 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Those kitties! Hello! Wow, Grady has a lot to lose....

My kitties are a bit pudgy but hahahahaha, losing weight, hahahahaha, diet, hahahahaha. As if.

Why weren't you impressed by the socks? Just curious.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Alicia Aarnio said...

Nice! I love those super productive days when you go to bed all tired because of all the good cleaning you got done.. it's usually the icing on it all when you've also changed the sheets, so the house feels cleaner, and so does bed. I spent the weekend organizing my stash on ravelry and I've decided that there needs to be a ravelry-life edition, so I can get everything else organized too.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Mistrmi said...

You are a true Southerner when you call it "the" Goodwill.

Congratulations on all you accomplished this weekend! And hooray for the Tennessee State Fair!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

What a busy weekend! I've never been to a state fair - Delaware's always happens when we are on summer vacation.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. God luck with the maintenance!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! You go girl! You may have just inspired me to tackle my overflowing guest room closet... Well, maybe.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home