Monday, September 17, 2007

After

What is an organization project without pictures?

You'll have to excuse the lousy light, but...here's the bookcase now. It still needs some TLC, but the basic stuff is done. Also, I have to put away the rubbermaid tub and hang up my workout clothes. :)

After

Let me remind you, here is the disaster that was Before:

Project Clutter continues.

This kind of picture is better smaller, because you get the overall effect.

Things I like:
1. The red bins read as neutrals. They closely match the color of the wood, and don't really register as red.
2. Books must be arranged by topic, but inside cubbie they are not allowed to be organized by size or color or anything that is distracting. I like to vary the height and stack them randomly, but in a regular way.
3. Those 1982 sunglasses are never, ever, EVER getting thrown out. They are one of the best photo props i have ever owned.
4. I have a big variety of books. This isn't anywhere near all my books, but it's a good sampling.
5. I am one of three people I know who have actually read War & Peace, and I read it in about two weeks.

Anyway!

7 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

I like it! Looks very nice!

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done you. It makes me want to clear out a few cupboards.

I've read War and Peace! It took me almost a year as I was constantly unfaithful, but it was worth doing.

7:52 AM  
Blogger esp said...

That looks great!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Mistrmi said...

You've totally got to leave the bins and the workout clothes there. Otherwise, no one would believe it's a real home!

Good for you.

11:12 AM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

It looks great! Getting organized feels good, doesn't it? Sure does.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Looks great! So..um.. when are you coming over to assist me? hehe

5:02 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I read War and Peace! But I was 13, and should really re-read it! Nice work with the bookcase. And those sunglasses rock.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home