Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Because it's rainy

(snip)

I have knit the collar on Jemima (it's beautiful!) after a long frustrating process of trying to neatly pick up stitches. I've seamed one side, but I think I'll need to do it again. I'm sort of having trouble figuring exactly where the seam goes so that the increases fall outside of it. I'll try again tonight, maybe the light will be better.

We've had rain for three days (yay!) so no pictures, but hopefully I'll have some soon. The cats even kind of miss the camera!

3 Comments:

Blogger Grandma Barb said...

I have read this blog over and over, and I must say that I don't believe any religion can protect you from suffering. It happens to everyone and unfortunately is a part of life. Being Jewish, I feel we have grace too - but we rely on God Himself/Herself to lean upon. There is no way to protect ourselves against suffering. What we must do is lead righteous lives, be good to others, and give of ourselves to the good of mankind.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I think you hit the nail on the head, Barb - especially the part about 'there is no way to protect ourselves from suffering.' I wish I knew how! :)

Also, I appreciate you sharing. I can only speak from my own experience, and I know others feel differently. It's good to hear it!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm glad I read your blog yesterday before you snipped it. I thought your entry about grace was well-written and encapsulated so much of how I feel. I hope you weren't bashed for expressing your p.o.v. because I thought you did so very eloquently.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home