Tuesday, August 28, 2007

FO: Emergency socks

The emergency socks have been gifted, so now I can talk about them.

Socks 2

Yarn: ArtYarns Ultramerino 8, less than 1 skein
Needles: US 4 Options
Pattern: My own. Cast on 36 sts, knit 4 rows. Knit 1 row of yo/k2tog, then knit another 4 rows. Tack down the picot by knitting one stitch on the needle together with one from the cast-on edge. The yo/k2tog row makes the jaggies. I have also heard it called cat's tooth. Then I knit another 14 rounds, did a basic heel flap heel on 18 stitches, and a basic toe. As simple as they can get.

I am surprised, however, at how much they match. The banding is almost identical, and I didn't even try to match them:

Socks

Also, Fee says "Don't I have the prettiest fur ever??"

Pretty Fee

(I think so.) Grady was not available for comment. Happy Tuesday!

10 Comments:

Blogger teabird said...

The emergency socks are beautiful! (Any knitter will understand how socks can be "emergencies"!)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look SO comfy.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Bee said...

I had to tell you the first time I ever understood the picot cast on was just now... your directions totally made sense ;) thanks, oh and the socks look great!!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jessie Blum @ Eclectic Unions said...

I love the picot edge and the yarn - and that kitty has the most beautiful eyes!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike - I just used that same colorway in their super merino for a baby blanket. Such cheery colors! I love the cord you tied the socks with - how did you do that?

12:13 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

These are so cute! I love them.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pattern, love the yarn. Now I want to make some too!

2:08 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

They looks so...squooshy! And where did you find that little charm to gift them with? That's too cool!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Darling socks, I love the colors.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks...and where did you find the Hand Made Charm...too cute...

Blogless Diane

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home