Friday, August 24, 2007

One Emergency Sock Done

I cast on for it last night at Sit n' Knit, and after a few falterings - adjusting the cast-on, reknitting the heel - I finished it at about 10pm. (Takes a lot less time to knit socks for small feet, and with a 5.5spi gauge.) Very simple picot hem, stockinette, plain toe, let the yarn talk. (The yarn is ArtYarns Ultramerino 8, it's talking in quiet, pretty, comforting, cool-summer-with-the-barest-hint-of-breeze whispers.)

I spent a little time making one of those twisty cords where you split the plies of your yarn and then twist, twist, twist to make it twist back on itself...love that. And I love my little "hand made" tags. I'm going to use one. :)

Did I mention it's HOT? And I am sneezing! Thank God for my Neti pot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine said...

Summer colds are the worst. I got my Neti pot when I had my last summer cold, and it is great!

I hope you feel better soon.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Hope you feel better soon. Summer colds are unpleasant, somehow, more unpleasant than others. Don't know why.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home