Monday, August 20, 2007

Distractions

I actually did a lot of knitting-related stuff this weekend, though today I am feeling kinda behind and distracted. I shot more pictures of the stash, for one thing, and put 'em up at Ravelry. Thaaat's been eye-opening. I still have all my kitchen cotton (don't know if I'll shoot that at all), my fenway-park-green yarn from unravelling a sweater, a bag of Lamb's Pride Bulky scraps that is enough to make another pair of slippers, two skeins of Araucania Nature Wool bulky, with which I had a short-lived but passionate affair last winter, 3 skeins of Lorna's Laces sportweight in Safari, which I wanted very badly but have never bothered to use, at least two other skeins of sock yarn, two skeins of Wick, 4 skeins of Paterna wool, and quite a few stray others.

Sigh. All is stuff I feel the need to keep, but none of it is anything I'm really passionate about anymore. Maybe I should just move on and get rid of it. (The cotton from the GAP sweater is really too piecey to do anything with - it fell apart in a lot of the seams. I should chuck it.)

I finished the back of Jemima and am about 1/5 of the way done with the front. I'm working on the heel flap on a sock and I even took out Absorba the Giant Bath Mat to work on a little. (I figure two more strips and it's good.) I didn't work on my Selbu socks this weekend or on Elisa's Nest Tote. They are on hold till I get some other things done.

I cleaned out some kitchen cabinets and got a bag of stuff together for the Good Will. I banged my hand into a drawer that wasn't closing, and now I have a bruise (in a different spot than the July bruise). It's on the heel of my hand. I didn't think I hit it all that hard, but apparently I'm an idiot. I did ice it last night, and it looks better today. Sigh.

And that hurricane...yipes.

4 Comments:

Blogger bellamoden said...

You've really been busy! And I think there's no shame in taking your time to love yarn. Really.

And I don't know that I'll take pictures of my Sugar 'n Cream collection either, even though I mean them for hats. Dunno.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Hunny said...

You may have already posted this, but if you don't mind me asking what is your Ravelry name? I love looking at stash.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

MeanGirl ! :o)

8:44 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I decided not to bother with the dishcloth cotton in my Ravelry stash. I mean, who cares? It's dishcloth cotton....

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home