Sunday, August 12, 2007

Six things for Sunday

First of all, no, mister mall hand-lotion kiosk guy, I don't want a stranger squeezing lotion into my hands, no matter how free it is. Why do they think that's okay? How do I know it's not some stinking greasy mess? Why would I let a stranger put ANYTHING on me?

Second, thank you for the happy response to my socks! Nynke said she got the pattern out of the same stitch dictionary Cookie found the Monkeys stitch pattern in. I think it's the one before it? A little searching and it ought to turn up.

Third, Ramona has a great sock pattern up - make a donation to her 2007 Weekend to End Breast Cancer fundraiser, and you too can knit it. It's really a pretty pattern and Ramona is a super nice gal. What's not to like? If I wasn't so busy I'd be working on it myself - and it's in my queue, so I might just do it anyway. You can also set up a donation here if you don't want the pattern. Her goal is $5k raised, and she's nearly halfway there. The walk is in September. No pressure, but if you're looking for a pretty sock pattern and a way to help fight a real-live monster, it's an option.

Fourth, I got some Flintstones sour-gummies vitamins. They are sour! My doc said that she recommends Flintstones to everybody, because they are complete and people are more likely to take them if they are painless.

Fifth, I'm nearly done with the toe of my first TL sock!

Sixth...it's 95. Too hot!

6 Comments:

Blogger Krysstyllanthrox said...

I've been taking the Flintstones chewable vitamins for a while. It is easier to open the bottle and snack down on a (somewhat) candy like crunchy. My husband laughs at me for using "kids" vitamins.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, just make things a little clearer if anyone still wants the pattern: I've got the pattern from a 20-year old Dutch stitchbook from my mom, which coincidently also contained the same pattern used in the Monkey socks. Probably not that easy to find online I guess. It is a simple 10 stitch, 8 row repeat, I'll write it out on my blog in a few days. It is really easy.

And how nice to read all the comments from people that like your socks :)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Meghann said...

I took Flinstone vitamins with both of my pregnancies because I couldn't stomach the prenatals!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I hate those lotion guys! They're pushy and rude and get offended when you decide you're bored enough to try the lotion but then walk away without buying any. Just awful.

I love Flintstones vitamins. They are not gigantic horse pills you're somehow supposed to swallow whole.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I take Flinstones! Because of the Crohn's, I can't tolerate the old GNC Women's Ultra Megas that I used to choke down. They're yummy.

And I feel you on the whole strangers rubbing things on you. There's a time and place for that, and it never has been and never shall be, the mall!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken that lace pattern is Fishtail Lace. I have done it before and I know it's in one of the Harmony Guides.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home