Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's just lace!

(Um...sorry about the dog story. I giggled the whole way through writing it, and maybe I thought it was better than it was.)

I've purchased a skein of Euroflax linen and I am working on making Elisa's Nest Tote from the Purl Bee. Scandalously, I like the handles better than the Everlasting Bagstopper now on Knitty, and they are APPLIED I-CORD.

I was willing to tackle that...but...I can't seem to make a simple yo/k2tog - ssk/yo stitch pattern work. Line 1 is purl, line 3 is purl. 2 is yo/k2tog, line 3 is ssk/yo. No matter how many times I count the stitches on line 2 (41 as it should be) I am still coming out with 40 stitches after line 3. I can't see where I don't have a yarnover.

I've knitted the same two rows three times. I'm trying once more today. I should be able to do this! It's just lace.

(ETA: I was forgetting the last yo before the knit stitch on row 4. Fixt!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Grandma Barb said...

Plesse don't be sorry about the dog story. I loved it and the dog is precious. The corn cob part brought back memories of my first Airedale Terrier - Brandy. She got into a garbage bag of corn cobs and ate them. I think she threw them up for a week and I got sick a couple of times with her - it was so gross. And then there was the bag of dirty diapers... and I need not say any more!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YIPES!!!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

*shuddering*

Should not read comments! Lol.

Hmmmmm. Knitted bags. I should try one sometime. The non-felted kind, I mean, but I have a different one in mind, I admit, with bamboo rings for handles.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

I loved the crazy dog story- anyone with pets would!! Hang in there with the mysterious yarn-overs!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did that with a baby hat once. After 5 attempts, I decided it wasn't meant to be!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Grandma Barb said...

Did you figure out that stitch yet? The last stitch on Row 4 would be a yo - how I don't know - you might have to do it like a purl yo. Is that the 41st stitch?

12:24 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

You'll get the right stitch count eventually. Lace can be finicky, but by the 4th or 5th repeat, you'll be sailing through the pattern.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home