Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What I'm thinking about today

Y'all. It's amazing what you can find in your stash with just a little looking. I forgot I had this!

woolies.jpg

That is possibly going to be a scarf. I've tried eleventy-five stitch patterns and incarnations of stitch patterns and variations and stuff with the Dream In Color, but I haven't found anything that I like. The yarn is a bit thinner than I thought from the skein. I thought it was smooshy and bouncy - it is, but not exactly what I thought. So it didn't work for the stitch pattern I had in mind originally. I want this, whatever it ends up, to be thick and squishy and comfortable. Last night I looked through all my knitting books and found a nice hat and scarf combo in Holiday Knits done in ribbing. Then I dug around till I found this Mission Falls 1824 wool, purchased from Supercrafty. It was so fun to find it because I forgot all about it. I think they go together quite well - the variegated will be the scarf, and the brown will be the trim.

Maybe. If this doesn't work I may knit the Boyfriend Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. But then I won't be able to use the 1824...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about that reversible Brioche action in Weekend Knitting?

11:37 AM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

oh, beautiful colors! The semisolid DIC will make a great scarf.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or Eve's Rib:
*K3, Sl1*
*K2, Sl1, K1*

Basically it's a 4 column repeat of:
1 column of stitches that are K on the front and Sl on the back
1 column of garter
1 column of Sl on the front and K on the back
1 column of garter

It makes a really great scarf. I'd show you mine, but haven't gotten around to posting the pics. I used the alpaca silk you gave me stranded with some olive cashmere to do it in as a matter of fact. :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooo, I LOVE the sound of that! Will swatch.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Surprise yarn! It's the best, like buying it all over again.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home