Saturday, June 02, 2007

Something miraculous has happened

I have managed to knit a sweater back and two fronts that are not only all the right length, they are the right length on me. Because I am the queen of dry-blocking stuff no matter how ugly it makes it:

Twist

Seriously, though, I like to do the block-pin-shoot thing because it often shows me mistakes. Like, I could see after I did this that I bound off the left front wrong. I was supposed to bind off the armhole edge first, but I did that wrong. So I ripped and fixed it.

Then I pinned it together and tried it on. Since I am wearing jammies and traces of yesterday's makeup and even the best shots made me look like an old guy wearing his favorite ratty vest to bingo, you do not get to see what that looks like. HOWEVER, I do absolutely assert that it's just the right length for me, armholes and everything.

Critter shots:

Fee

Schmade

Fee

Schmade

7 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

Looks great!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

That top looks perfect! I have the same length issues, so I admire proper length when I see it.

Your critters are adorable.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Just Awesome!! I'm so glad for you!
It looks good! :)

4:52 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations -- looks great!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Jinjifore said...

It looks beautiful. I love the pattern. And yay for it fitting, too!

Your critters appear to be very content and self-satisfied, as cats should be. :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kaviare said...

Geez, I just got SUCH a rush of excitement looking at that FO and it's not even mine. Maybe it's because I'm *so* close to being done the front of a jacket of my own (sleeve island, here I come)

Then again, maybe it's just the pure loveliness of all that work and effort finally starting to come together to be a piece of fabric.

How exciting. I love that it fits, I'm still working on that aspect of my knitwear myself.

Congratulations.

PS, I don't know if your non-email-address-ness means you don't get any info, but my blog is www.craftastrophies.blogspot.com, if'n you want to check it out. I'd love to have you! ;P

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

The sweater looks great -- very versatile and easy to wear, too. Cute critters!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home