Friday, June 01, 2007

Happy Hurricane Season!

Quote:

TODAY MARKS THE FIRST DAY OF THE ATLANTIC HURRICANE SEASON...WHICH
WILL RUN UNTIL NOVEMBER 30TH. THE LONG-TERM AVERAGES FOR THE NUMBER
OF NAMED STORMS...HURRICANES...AND MAJOR HURRICANES ARE 11...
6...AND 2...RESPECTIVELY. THE NOAA SEASONAL HURRICANE FORECAST IS
PROJECTING 13 TO 17 NAMED STORMS...7 TO 10 HURRICANES...AND 3 TO 5
MAJOR HURRICANES DURING 2007.

Since my mom's house hasn't sold and my sister lives in Sebring, I get to worry twice as much! Who's with me? I need to dig out a copy of Hurricane Party Bingo. Also, let's hope there's no hurricane Humberto.

Also also, officially only 37 days until the you know what! (And 24 days until I turn 29...for the mmpth time!)

I started my scarf, and I'm finishing up the right front of Twist. Pictures tomorrow!

4 Comments:

Blogger Grandma Barb said...

And of course, it's Hurricane Barry! Not named for my soft spoken, sweet natured Barry! :) Let's hope it fizzles.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I love it when hurricanes are named after ex boyfriends. I know they're scary, but it adds a certain element of satisfaction and humor to the general dread, which is a bit of much-needed relief.

5:02 PM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Thanks for the reminder, Jen.

Where're my water jugs and MREs?

8:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmph. I'm singularly unexcited about the Tour this year. What a mess.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home