Thursday, May 03, 2007

Twistyness

I started the left front of Twist last night. Very very easy cable pattern but I'm still petrified I'll forget a decrease. I was supposed to decrease on row 15, and wouldn't you know it I finished 17 and went "Uh." Ripping back two rows is no big deal, but from that point on I employed two highly technical assistance methods: I wrote out line instructions of how the decreases should fit in and at what row, and I employed my technologically brilliant pink stitch marker to keep moving up as I get closer to the decrease row. Maybe I'll take a picture, all the ones I took last night are way way too yellow.

Also, in the grand tradition of veterinary catscaping in this family, Grady got shaved a little at the vet. Every time I take one of the cats there he finds an excuse to use the clippers. This time, it was to find a vein in his neck so he could get blood. (I shudder to think about a needle so close to my neck.) In this picture you can see his stylish, awe-inspiring haircut. The interesting thing? His skin is gray. And striped. Together now: Awwwwww!

Grady's haircut

Also also, two kitties stalk a dog from our upstairs porch:

Two cats

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Grady and my Grady could be twins but at least your Grady can't stalk a dog in the bedroom at night!! There was no sleeping for anyone last night as Grady has finally decided he is a full-fledged member of this family and should sleep in the bed with the peoples. He has also apparently decided that the dog is neither "a people" nor a full-fledged member of the family and thus needs to be swatted off the bed.

Hope we see you tonight - someone needs to be willing to kick me under the SnB table and keep me awake!

8:09 AM  
Blogger twellve said...

your kitty photos are lovely. i miss my kitty (away on business) and can't wait to see her again next week.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Saren Johnson said...

Cuteness. Glad to hear Grady is on the mend.

My verifacation word: dyfzuim. Isn't that what happens when you drink to much?

8:33 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Aww! hoping he's getting better and better! Go you on Twist!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Delia said...

The neighbor's dog is petrified of my cat. She shoots a similar death ray from the patio.

11:24 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

the kitties are gorgeous!
i have discovered that i can live vicariously through other bloggers in relation to their cats as all the cat owneres have regular gorgeous pics.

my verification word looks like asbestos - that is scary stuff

8:17 PM  
Blogger Iris G said...

This is my first visit here... your cats are gorgeous.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home