Sunday, February 04, 2007

A monkey and some other stuff

One monkey sock is finished:

One Monkey Sock

My new mattress arrived yesterday, so I spent Friday night buying a mattress pad, a faux down topper (curiously, this felt better than the feather version, and I am a stickler for feathers), two sets of sheets, a bedskirt...I'm not even going to think about what it cost. Two very polite gentlemen showed up yesterday at about 8:15 (for an 8:30 - 10:30 delivery!), set the bed up, and I was all set to start moving furniture around to accomodate this giant thing.

Bed is huge. Gi-normous. It's at least a foot higher up than my last mattress when you add in the topper and stuff. Grady can barely jump up on it. The space under it seems the same, so evidently it's just big. In addition to that my previous mattress was a double, and this is a queen size, so it's bigger width and lengthwise as well. (This is the first bed I've ever owned where I fit on it lengthwise, I'm 5'9.) I moved things around at least three times before finally moving everything back to its original configuration and sliding my desk over to the left. It works. Then I went yarn shopping.

I know everyone says that mattresses hurt your back for at least 30 days after you get them, but honest to Pete last night was the most comfortable I have ever been in a bed. True story!

This morning I scrubbed the bathroom floor (the apartment reeks of Pine-Sol, which doesn't smell like Pine or Sol). My friend is coming at 1 to pick up the old mattress (after sleeping on the new one I feel guilty giving her the old crappy one but it's really not that crappy). I'm going to try to take a walk in our freezing weather (24 degrees) a little later and try out my coat's mp3 pocket and headphones holder. And then I'll be rooting for the Bears (or the Colts) and watching dumb commercials tonight.

Here are some other pictures from last week...

Stitch n' Bitch group at Threaded Bliss, January 25th:
SNB group

Some yarn I bought to make the Elbac scarf, which pattern am not yet sure I like:
1-31

The teeny bit of snow that closed school on Thursday:
2-1

And finally, the pretty snow we got Friday:
Snow again

As always, click to see them bigger. Happy Superbowlday! :o)

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice looking monkey sock! The color shows off the stitch well.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice looking monkey sock there! :) I like it in a solid color! Ahh a new mattress! Sleep well! ;)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

The monkey sock looks great! Enjoy your new bed - and the warm weather you have (in comparison to here).

7:49 AM  
Blogger ~Lynn~ said...

Love your socks..they are beautiful. And your kitty is so sweet. Nothing like knitting with your cat on or near you. Mine think they own me so I knit when they let me. lol

4:37 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I love your monkey socks :0

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home