Friday, January 19, 2007

A Small Part of My Own Story

Today you should read this.

If you've ever struggled with your weight or not knowing why you are how you are or even just want to read some really great writing by someone who is Real, read Laurie's blog today. Ok? Ok.

A few years ago I decided I was too unhealthy - with a diabetic mom, a stressful job and fifty extra pounds on my hips, I had plenty of reasons to change that. For me it came down to doing things I can live with. I can't live with going to the gym six days a week - but I can go for a walk. Etc.

I have decided because of some knee pain and stuff to change my stairs to walking. I'm starting with 20 minutes a day, and I'll work up to 30. By the time warm weather gets here I should be in decent shape to walk 40 minutes 4 times a week. (When I walk, I power walk.)

I seamed the sleeves of the baby kimono last night while I was watching TV. Now I am not sure about it - about the fastening aspect. I will try to come up with something tonight or tomorrow.

Here are two pictures for you. :)

Grady

Fee

(Yes, that really is how Fee sleeps.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that with us. I don't usually read her blog, but fully intend to now. I'm on WW, and am having a hard time, and I think a lot of it has to do with that same mentality "I have to be XX pounds by XX date" and, while still eating better than I normally do, not eating well enough for a lifetime change. So, thanks! Words to fully ponder (and try to live by!)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat sleeps like that too!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing both your story and hers. I, too, put on the pounds a couple years ago and I know how hard it is when you struggle to compare yourself to the "old you" and "well, I could have worn that before I gained weight." it's hard. I beat myself up a lot. and then I just changed it.

I've never, ever, ever believed in diets and so I just changed the way I ate. changed my diet, change my physical activities (like you, i'm not a big fan of the gym. so I do yoga at home), changed my outlook on myself.

and though I still haven't lost all the weight I gained, I'm back to "normal." back to being me. and so glad I didn't let it take over me.

I've always loved food and will probably always have to keep any eye on what I eat or my weight, etc. but it's nice to know that at least I'm doing it in a healthy way.

ok, this was long. and all about me. lol. but basically, I've been there too. and it's always comforting to know there's someone else out there who gets it too.

btw, I realized a few days ago in my e-mail to you that I kept typing the word "Threadless" (like the t-shirt company...threadless.com) when I meant to type "Threaded Bliss." ha. random, but true. :)

.♥.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the link, Jen, and for sharing your story. Something I need to be thinking about these days!!

Such great kitty pictures!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I need to start walking- just have to find that motivation! Love how Fee sleeps!!

9:03 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I know this sounds odd but what are your shoes like? Do you have pain when you get up in the morning? I ask this because I saw a chiropodist/podiatrist who diagnosed me with plantar fasciatus (brushed arch bone). I now wear different shoes and special insoles and the pain has gone.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home