Wednesday, January 17, 2007

An article I found with pictures

Ariel has an article here about how to do the very thing I describe below, with pictures. Be aware, though - she only works two stitches instead of three, but the principle is EXACTLY the same.

See? I told you surely I wasn't the first person to ever think this up. I think y'all can do it too! :)

Also - to answer Chris' question below - Fee's toes are very fluffy! They have little tufty fur between them, and she has actual fur on the bottom of her paws (not her toe pads, just in between the joints). Fee is a Maine Coon - the boxcar body shape, extra-long, wraparound tail, strange long guard hairs in her fur, britches and tufty ears are part of her look. Though she's tiny for a Maine Coon at 12.5 pounds, she would dwarf most other cats. She's also tiny compared to Grady! I'll try to corner her to get a picture of her paws tonight, but no promises...she's a scaredy-cat. But very fluffy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

A-ha! Tufty paws are SO cute. I think Chaos, at a trim 16 lbs, might give her a run for her money. :)

Cabling without a cable need is a handy tricki indeed.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...you described my Groucho to a T! But he's black and white "cow patches" and not tabby-ish. Do Maine Coons come in other colors? We don't know what he is since we got him at a rescue and he was abandoned. Here's a not-so-great pic of him:

http://blackcathandspun.blogspot.com/2006/07/technology-sucks.html

I must figure out this cabling without a needle thing - way too cool! A good thing to learn before I tackle my next cable project!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Lori in Michigan said...

Jen, Your Shifting Sands is lookin' yummy! It's on my to-do list, too!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I was caught by the tufty paws comment. My Diesel is a Maine Coon, jet black, so sometimes all you see is eyeballs. He is 4 and a half and owns the place. He has fur between the toes, the tufts in the ears, the long hairs in his fur and a really long furry tail with britches that make him look like he is sashaying. He's lean and lanky, and he's a pussycat that cuddles in our laps, on his terms, of course.
You can see him here:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/134/361073318_cc354ed110.jpg

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At 12.5 lbs she is a little Maine Coon! My friends have one that weighs in at 20 lbs. Deeno is a big boy. :)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home