Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday

For some reason I don't usually post on Saturday, or is it Sunday? I have been knitting like crazy on Anastasia. Nearly done with one sock, it's above the heel already and looks quite nice.

Today was bath day, wherein the resident felines at the I-Cord get clean whether they like it or not. Here is a picture.

Grrr

Fee was unavailable for comment. (She looks like a drowned rat after bathtime and it hurts her pride if I post pictures before she's all fluffy again.)

Yesterday we had storms and then a fabulous sky when they moved out. This is the last of it:

Crazy Sky

I organized my stash today, which meant looking over what I have and don't have as far as yarn goes. I do have quite a lot of Wool of the Andes, yarn for at least four sweaters, and a zillion skeins of sock yarn. Oh, and enough cotton to make the futures traders in Memphis get worried. But I have Made a Decision - I'm not selling off the stash just yet. There may be something that I decide to do with my giant hoard of Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool...or there may not. Ditto the Karabella Breeze. Mostly I've just swatched and swatched those yarns and not been able to find a sweater pattern I a) liked, b) got gauge for and c) had enough yarn to make. But I'll give it a little longer.

We saw Children of Men last night. It's a fantastic movie, political but not preachy, despairing but not hopeless, gray but not colorless. One scene was one of the best technically I think I've ever seen. The acting was wonderful as well and I hope you won't hate me for saying that Clive Owen should have been the next James Bond. They missed the boat on that one.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on about Clive Owen,was just thinking the same thing last night when I saw the preview. Thanks for the review. By the way, I have been reading your blog since the first entry and find it very interesting and informative. I am also a Christian and I am happy to see that you are able to embrace your values without coming across as preachy and narrow minded. Irene in Wpg. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're ready, and I know you will be one day, I'd love to take a couple of skeins of ELSW off your hands...if you have it in the garnet color. Happy New Year, Mean Girl! Blessings to you!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sky photo. Looking forward to seeing your completed Anastasia's. They're next on my needles.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That sky looks beautiful. I agree about Clive Owen. He is a total hottie!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, that is an intense sky!

YES! Clive Owen should have been James Bond!! What were they thinking!!!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you haven't read PD James' book that the movie was based on, do it - I read it when I was in college and was entralled.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Children of Men last night, too! Which scene are you talking about?

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful sky picture!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home