Monday, January 01, 2007

Too sick to be inspiring

I think I have A Virus. I feel okay after using my Neti pot and taking Airborne and a decongestant and about a zillion mg of vitamin C. But I really don't feel Good:

Proof I am sick

See? The red eye, the ratty t-shirt, the severely unkempt hair...Blech. And tomorrow I have to go back to work after two weeks of sitting on my backside. Sniff! (Also you can see my blond eyebrows are growing in...my hair needs work!)

I will let the other bloggers out there Be Inspiring. Because they are. Y'all know where to go to get inspired to knit more, etc. My advice for 2007 is "Stay frosty." Because you never know when just keeping your cool will make things miraculously come out right.

Here is Grady, taken on a gloomy gray afternoon WITH NO FLASH, because my new camera is Like That:

The Schmade

Over to the right of the shot on the wall you will see a black line. (It's fuzzy.) I am embarrassed about it, but I'll tell y'all what it is. They are rabies tags from four years of cat vaccinations. I put one there for a goof once, then it became A Thing. Just a funny thing, like some day the Cat Police are going to show up demanding to see them, but I will be ready! The nail used to have a picture on it, but this is better. Anyway, I don't notice it anymore and I had to go look and see what it was, you believe that? ?!?!

Fee, taken at 10pm with only a measly 60-watt bulb to light the way (I admit she could use some catch-lights in her eyes):

Fee

[NB: Some UGHCREEPYUGHGUY at Flickr marked the photo that was here as a favorite - a half-knitted sock and a few bare toes. Risque! When I looked at his pictures, they were all of women in lingerie - showing their FEET! I got creeped out and took this shot down. Look up in yonder next post for the final. I have no inclination to feed someone's naughty foot fetish.]

And this is my particular insanity at the moment - a patterned sock in self-striping sock yarn. I don't know why. I have no idea why I swatched this twice AND spent all weekend knitting it. This yarn was BEGGING to be knit in this pattern. (Yes, I am crazy. 64 stitches, modify it to k6, p2 on #1s.) But I can tell you one thing - I am becoming a one-or-two-project girl. That will probably change if/when I knit a sweater, because I do always bring something portable with me. But I am like Scout - I don't like a lot of ufo's hanging over my head. I am not ever going to be one of those people who has 87 unfinished projects. Two or three is enough for me. If I don't like what I'm working on enough to actually work on it, I am frogging it. There. A resolution.

I know my sock is crazy, but fortunately for the sock, we love crazy at Chez I-Cord. Happy New Year, my dear lovelies. Thanks for reading, praying, encouraging, sticking with me, and putting up with zillions of pictures of the cats (and strange socks). (Yarn is All Things Heather sock yarn in Vacation, and singularly lovely despite what I am doing to it. I LOVE the orange flash. There is a blue one on the other side.)

Hope your 2007 is awesome!

13 Comments:

Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Just being you is inspiring.

Feel better. Rockin' 2007!

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! I am just getting over A Bug also, and it it terrible! Happy New Year!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I envy your productivity even when you are sick. I love the yarn/pattern combo. Where's the pattern from?

Feel better soon. Happy New Year!

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dig the yarn, very cool colorway!

My late Mother's favorite thing to say to me was "keep your cool and it'll all work out". Reading this in your entry reminded me of this (in a good way) and it seems as though it's something I needed to hear today.

May the bright colors of your new socks knock the virus right out of your system!

4:43 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

The pattern is here - http://www.helloyarn.com/cabletwistsocks.htm - worked k6, p2 and adapted for the twist, on 64 stitches.

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hope you feel better today and that it wasn't too harsh going back to work...

Love the pictures your new camera takes!!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

The photos are beeeyoootiful, and I love the way the sock is coming out!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yup, your new camera is cool. I have also found that kitty pictures without flash work out soooo much better!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Feel better soon! Great pics with the new camera! The sock is looking good! :)

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you feel better! I'm working on a new blog!

Hope you had a great holiday season with your family.

10:29 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Feel better soon and Happy New Year!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Sssarahevt said...

what great pics of the cats!!! Having new toys is so fun, especially when they show off your kitties so well! Happy new year!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home