Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A pair of crazy socks

But first, I frogged the Endpaper Mitts (too messy, I messed with the pattern too much, will probably reknit) and got this:

Reason #51 why I love my new camera

Love the new camera. :)

One sock of my Crazy Pair is done. I used the Cable Twist pattern from Adrian / Hello Yarn, worked over 64 stitches as K6, P2 instead of K5 P2, my regular heel and toe, #1 needle.

One down, one to go

(With Grady's paw for scale, I'm telling you, cables of any sort including twists are not the most slimming socks in the world. But comfy!)

The other sock, since the yarn is stripey and I want to see what it does and who cares if they are different and it will look cool, I Promise, is going to be knitted in the Anastasia pattern from our gal Pepperknit. This time toe up on 64 stitches and I'll incorporate my favorite toe-up heel. I just thought that would be fun.

So last night I knitted my first-ever short-row toe. As in, actually sit there and do it. I've only ever done toe-ups with a Queen Kahuna Aloha cast-on and increases every other round...Oh wait, I did a sort of backwards star toe once that is very comfy but I can't remember the name At All...It's from Sensational Knitted Socks, and I will look it up.

Happy Wednesday! I'm pretty miserable today. Breathing with this virus whatever thingy has turned out to be more of a challenge than I like. I'm hoping it will get better today, and I'm all inhalered up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I love your new camera, too! Hope you feel better soon...

1:09 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Feel better soon!

Nice yarn cakes! Your camera is working great! :)

Sock looks good too!

6:26 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Hope you are better soon. I love your new camera.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home