Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Um

So, three posts below you'll see all the information you need to know about the Hedera socks - why they are a disaster and how much of them are done.

I forgot that Grady was supposed to get his ear drops for 10 days and kept on giving them to him. They were supposed to be done Sunday. Poor kitty, all that torture.

Last night I bought two audio books for my upcoming loooong car trip. Both are by David McCullough - Johnstown Flood and The Great Bridge (that's the story of the building of the Brooklyn Bridge, and Johnstown Flood is about a dam breaking in Johnstown, PA at the turn of the last century). I never talk much about books on this blog because I don't read a lot. When I do it tends to be about social history, giant American engineering projects, natural disasters, or theology. That just seems so out of whack on a knitting blog. At the moment I'm at a standstill on Rising Tide and Hitler, two books I desperately want to read but I have a hard time reading and knitting, and I had some knitting deadlines, so no reading for a while. I will take "Hitler" with me on this trip (boy, that looked funny without the quotes).

I thought that maybe having some continuity on the trip - that is, a book going on and just rolling out mile after mile - might make the 10 hours of driving more bearable. I also plan to stop at IKEA in Atlanta, just for kicks (and some silverware and pillows). Hopefully that will help, because "6 hours from Atlanta" sounds a lot better than "9-10 hours from Nashville," huh.

The gals at Knitter's Anonymous are having a destash sale. All the profits go to Knitters Without Borders; Stephanie of Yarn Harlot fame is encouraging us to give to them over the holiday. I bought two balls of the Jaeger Matchmaker Merino in tan. For socks.

As of this afternoon I'm off work until January 2! And I'm not traveling my entire vacation, either. Yippee for holidays! Yippee for my mom's cooking! Yippee for 80-degree highs in Florida this week!

Just yippee!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love listening to books on tape while I drive. It makes it go a lot faster.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay vacation! I think those subjects of books are very interesting, personally, so I think you should talk about them. :-)

10:45 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Have a great vacation!! Safe trip!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have friends that listened to Johnstown Flood on their long road trip and said it was really good. Enjoy your roadtrip and your holidays!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Audiobooks are the only thing that keep me going on long drives!! Good ones can make the miles vanish, can't they?!

(Why, yes, I am feeling a bit more in control of bloglines right now and venturing back out to find my blog balance poinst.)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home