Friday, January 05, 2007

Decisions

I am about midway through the foot of my first Anastasia sock:

First Anastasia sock

Isn't it pretty? Much better than the cable twist, though I don't mind that either. I definitely have enough yarn to knit a second Anastasia sock, and possibly a second cable twist as well. Why not use it up, right?

The pattern is really easy, self-correcting and intuitive. I had a teeny bit of trouble with the pdf layout of the pattern that was easily fixed by reading through it twice. But other than that this is smooth sailing!

I had a dream the Brooklyn Bridge was in my hometown and my dad and I were looking at it. The Manistee River is not anywhere near like the East River (which is a tidal strait anyway). Just saying.

The opposition party always wins midterm elections, did you know that? With one very notable exception.

Happy Friday!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let me know what was confusing about the pattern; maybe I can fix it! I'm glad you're liking the socks--they look great!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Honestly, I'm not sure it would bother anyone else! I missed the key and the "knit odd rounds" part. Also I wasn't sure how many stitches I was going to need to have once I finished the toe.

It's probably just me! :)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I have the Anastasia pattern - it looks very cool. Hmm....

9:50 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Looking good! :)

I used Heather's almost sportweight and US 3's on mine..have to frog the legs...still too baggy for me. Any ideas? US 2's..1's??

10:27 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I think I would decrease the number of stitches between the swirls, maybe 9 or so...you could do double-decreases on a few of the rounds after the ankle so the pattern stays consistent?

Do you think that would work? You could keep the stitch count consistent and switch needles, but I don't like to swatch socks, so I'd do the decreasing method and just keep decreasing till they aren't baggy anymore!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what you have so far. I have been debating for weeks about whether or not to try that pattern. I think your pics just pushed me to the must do side.

Thanks for sharing.

Shorty

3:25 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Oooh. Pretty yes!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home