Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Clearly I am not doing Stashalong

And I don't want to, don't need to, and am not going to. :)

New Yarn

This is Socks That Rock in Beryl, gotten from the swap for my ill-fitting 1 1/2 Hedera socks. (Shh, don't tell Becky that I got the better end of the deal.) This yarn is gorgeous. It has already been attacked by the cats - a sure sign it's quality stuff. (Only one tiny piece was out of sorts in the skein, but it was dragged all over the room.)

The Peace Fleece is for an Everyday Cardigan - Zonda and I seem to be on the same knitting wavelength all the time. The color is called Negotiation Gray and this yarn smells weirder than any other I've ever put my nose to. It smells woodsy or maybe even plasticky. The scent is not sheep, lanolin, or Barn.

The Cashsoft Aran was an impulse purchase tonight at SnB because I need to remake my poor addled Debbie Bliss Fetching mitts. Like the Rowan so much more for this pattern.

Anyway, I also started a new sock project I can't get off my back. Any guesses?

And I have a skein of STR in Lucy coming. No Stashalong for me!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely yarn. I was all for the stash along, but then I thought why? Just like you I don't really need to and don't really want to.

I'm going to have to fess up on my blog - but I'm waiting for my order to arrive.

8:29 AM  
Blogger smelk-o-matic said...

You go girl! I feel the same way...why should I limit spending on one of the things I truly enjoy (buying lots of yarn)?

Life is too short.

Smiles,
Erin

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the kitties approve!

(And you only got yarn. I got socks so close to done that they actually have hope of becoming a FO. I'm feeling like I may have made out in this deal...)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The STR was attacked? Your cats do a kinder, gentler attack than do mine!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monkey! You're going to love Monkey! I did it in STR Chapman Springs. Beautiful, definitely a pattern I'll knit again!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely yarns there! I'm trying to cut back is all! I couldn't go cold turkey now!! I finished my swatch and got gauge! Heh!! Nice color that Beryl..but don't worry, I already have Lucy ;)

11:53 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I'm jealous! I'm doing a stashalong...

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home