Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Crazy membership is paid for the YEAR!

Here's the Porch Princess sweater, y'all, modeled by Fee herself:

Aerial View

Looking a bit silly, yet warm

She seems to like wearing it. On my next incarnation I'll make the neck a bit longer and bigger around (I knitted the ribbing flat and then didn't seam it up, hence the edging. It makes her look a little Vegas because she's so fluffy.) The light wasn't very good outside so the photos are blurry. (Sorry. But it's a cat sweater!) It's very easy to get on her, and absurdly easy to get off - just pull the back over her head and she walks right out of it.

Front

Back

Porch Princess Sweater for cats
Pattern: My own, based on a few cat measurements
Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool, dyed with Wilton's cake dyes, about 75 yards, and KP Wool of the Andes in Pumpkin, crocheted on for trim
Needles: US 7 bamboo circular
Time to completion: 2 days

10 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Adorable adorable adorable! both the cat and the sweater. now I want to knit one for my kitties. and they don't go outside! Thanks, another project for the queue....

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crazy cute.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness.. I love it!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

That is so freaking cute!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! Too bad my cats would attack me if I tried to put them in one of those.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

Honestly - easy to get on her? I can just imagine if I tried to put one on Gracie...it would be ripped to shreds before it ever had a chance (anything that dangles in front of her face, especially yarn related, is a toy to her). Very cute though. Cool dye job too!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

My late cat, Buttercup (seems she'd be a gentle soul with a name like that, eh? NOT! :)) would have destroyed me and the sweater before she would have ever let it be put on her! But, hey, it looks great and your cat apparently doesn't mind wearing it... and that's cool!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Scary scary cute!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, that is cute and pretty funny! I'm sure you can guess how well that would go around here...

8:09 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

OH MY Goodness! Well, normally I don't appreciate pet clothing too much, but this is different as I know she needs it. Just adorable. Make her a black one too. Somehow I think that girl would look awesome in black or olive green. Those EYES, you know. :-)

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home