Friday, October 13, 2006

Coooooold.

Paraphrase of a song I heard the other night: "It's people like me that give people like me a bad name." I can't get the song out of my head! I am learning fast - country music songwriting is its own animal. It's like math class where you know everyone in the class is smarter than you? Yeah.

Dinner last night at a lovely little Italian place, but it was absolutely freezing because we are all absolutely in denial that it is October 13 (y'all!) and the high was like 48 degrees. We had SLEET! (It was on the news. You know you live in the South when sleet makes the news, just so y'all know.) The owner of this little Italian/Mediterranean place did not want to turn the heat on because he was in denial with the rest of us, but walking around in a pullover and cords with hot tea or something. Finally he did, about the same time the food came in very hot plates. Y'all know that smell you get when you turn the heater on the first time of the year? That was the smell. And that's how my apartment smells this morning, BECAUSE IT IS THIRTY-FOUR DEGREES. In Nashville. In October. (Something is very wrong, and I'd like to talk to all those smarty-pants global warming people about it.)

There are going to be little kid popsicles on Halloween if this keeps up. I mean, they are going to freeze out there!

I knit three rows of the flower basket shawl last night, about twenty rounds of my second arch-shaped sock (email if you want the pattern! It's ok! Thanks to everyone who has already! I want pictures!) and...(drum roll)...I am on about row 12 of the second lace repeat of my first-ever Socktoberfest project! Pomatomus! They are Pomatomy. I was irrationally scared of this pattern because of the "piquant" label over at Knitty but I have decided that "mellow" means "barely conscious" or "something you can knit without looking" and "piquant" means "look down every few stitches." Because it is Not. Hard.

Did anyone watch Six Degrees last night? How happy were you to see Roy get his arse busted? Yeah baby!

2 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

oh yes! I'm about 100+miles west of Nashville and it is TWENTY-SIX degrees! It's almost Minnesota-like weather, good thing I still have my Minnesota coat in the closet ;o)

I didn't know you were so close - are you going to Murfreesboro on the 28th for the fiber(harvest) festival?

7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're the Six Degrees spoiler this morning, I Tivo'ed it and haven't watched it yet. On the other hand, I'm glad to hear that Roy got what's coming to him. Now Whitney can get together with Campbell Scott's character. He's the bomb!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home