Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sometimes life is puzzling

Last night I discovered this:

Strange

(That's a handknit sock in one of the cats' food bowls.) Fiona does this kind of crazy thing once in a while, or at least I think it's her. Fee loves socks. Every night when I take them off, she comes over to sit on them (so of course I started leaving my socks on the floor for her, because it obviously makes her happy). Once I found a pair of socks, clearly brought in from another room, on one of the dishes. Another time it was tissue paper, neatly and carefully placed on top of one bowl.

I try to live and let live and just keep going, you know? Maybe it's cat performance art.

I started a new sock yesterday:

New Sock

That's Mama-E's superwash sock yarn in Mango Salsa. I'm using the Diagonal Rib pattern from IK again, but this time doing it toe up and with one of those fancy no-flap gusset and short row heels. Of all the socks I've made that one seems to fit me the best.

I'm working this sock on #1s, with 33 stitches on top and 33 on the bottom. The pattern is a multiple of 13 stitches, so I have two full repeats and then I repeated the first 7 stitches again - fairly centered, will fit, and works for toe-up. I used the Queen Kahuna cast on and increased four stitches every other round.

It's a fun sock. Maybe someday it will end up in a kitty bowl somewhere - proof it's loved.

9 Comments:

Blogger ~k said...

I just downloaded that pattern.
I have so much sock yarn. I had no idea...I mean, I must have bought the silly stuff, right? Weird.

Hope your day is beautiful.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Tania A said...

That's some beautiful yarn! Yummy!

Isis likes to take my hair elastics all over the place. I have to buy more like every couple of months not because I lose them, but because she hides them.

12:18 PM  
Blogger ~k said...

Oh, and Jake does the same thing with his "babies", only he puts them in the WATER dish. Nice.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Chaos and Fee would probably get along just fine, what with his habit of tossing non-colorfast mice into his water bowl.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Martina said...

Maybe you should be feeding the socks?? Beautiful one you've just started BTW.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One of my cats loves to bury her food. If there is anything on the floor, like a sock or a t-shirt she will put it in the bowl. It doesn't bother me, except when she tries to bury the water bowl. I'm not a happy camper when I find wet pjs hanging halfway out of the bowl.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Aw, that's really sweet!

4:23 PM  
Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

I find my cat's "mousie" (a hotpink/black zebra striped fur toy with a foot long tail with a purple pompon at the end) in har food dish all the time. Mousie has to eat, too, I suppose...

10:21 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

She loves you :) How sweet. Ariel always rushes into the room and puts her head in any shoes I've taken off.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home