Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Moving right along

Nothing has changed in my life situation. I JUST LIKE THE WORD, OKAY?

Last night I finished burp cloth #2 for niecie. I sent the green bib, the green/red cloth, the pink bib and a pink/ice cream cloth out today with a couple of other fun little things for her - she turns ONE on Thursday. Big girl!

Lately she has taken to pulling on her brother's ear, and he yells "OW!" every time. Since she doesn't know what OW means, I'm guessing it's a little like having her own private squeak toy. (Last night I told him he should just tell her "no-no.")

I think after I finish the cosmetics bag (by August 9) that it will be a long while before I knit with cotton again. My right hand is really shot. It really needs a break. I have 9 total repeats of the red/pink checked rows. Five are done, so I have four left. Each repeat is 4 rows, for a total of 16 rows left to knit.

I think it would probably be best to knit four rows a day for the next four days, take two days to do the flap, one day for finishing and I'll still have a day left over to whine about how it hurt by the time my friend's birthday rolls around.

(Possibly there is something to be said about buying different cotton for such a project.)

I don't really have a sock in progress and I just want something fun and simple, so I'm hoping to find inspiration soon and get going on that.

I'm "between socks." Har. (Not pregnant, not engaged, and not thinking of private parts on boys.) Y'all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Sure, sure ;)

I don't like working with cotton, either.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee.

2:41 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Giggle. Well, it was the first thing that entered my head!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Martina said...

Oh I believe you really! ;D

4:10 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Yeah, I think you're just being coy with us!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

One of my favorite French words is PAMPLEMOUSE. Grapefruit. Some words are just fun to say.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I saw your comment on Knit & Tonic's yesterday and wanted to THANK YOU for the link to the Easy Sock. Wow, it's a MUCH EASIER way to do short row heels! I've been struggling with this technique for 5 days now & it was funny to read about K&T's "fear" of exactly what I was trying to learn & writing my frustrations about. Your's was the best recommendation. Thanks!!

BTW, I also find knitting with cotton hard on the hands. Keep on knitting.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home