Sunday, August 27, 2006

An actual post

I went exploring yesterday and ended up in Amish country. I was hoping for yarn. No jackpot, but we did get some real good fried pies and had a fun time driving around the countryside.

The a/c, however, is not getting any better in my car. So tomorrow, into the shop. But it's making a weird groaning noise at random. Kind of like a belt but not as high and squealy. My friend thinks it might be the wheel bearings. So I could potentially need a big fix on the a/c and the front end, and if so - I'll have a new (to me) car at the end of the week. I'm prepared for the worst. I don't want another car payment, but I'm willing to do it and knock it out in a year. I'm thinking 2002 Altima. Not black, with tinted windows and leather. Otherwise, not picky.

I am going to Michigan at the end of the week, so having a good car is a priority. Of course, if it's not that bad I'll have mine fixed, and if I can't find another car I'll rent one for the trip, but I'm feeling like this is probably going to happen. Stink, huh?

I finished one Mango sock today - all but the bindoff and I am going to learn that EZ sewn one tonight as soon as I finish knitting the leg of sock 2, which should take about 45 minutes.

Then I'm thinking I'm going to start some socks with the FABULOUS OPAL SOCK YARN my still-anonymous secret pal sent me. That stuff is so purty! I think I need a basic stockinette sock I can just wham through...this pattern is just fiddly enough to not be tv knitting but not complicated enough to make me sweat. Translation - they'll be footies, because I am bored sick of the pattern. But I am going to love my socks!

Also, I want to do something with that arch shaping I was talking about earlier this week. So maybe a nice stockinette sock with some cool shaping is in order.

I'll have to check with the yarn, though, to see what it wants to be. And did I tell y'all, I counted my stash last night and I have one hundred and sixty-eight balls of yarn. Not counting partials.

So, um, yeah. Time to knit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hopefully you'll have good (cheap) news on the car...

Heh, I don't even want to count the number of balls of yarn. 1000s, I'm thinking.

8:21 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow - 168!

I don't think you have enough to knit a car though so fingers crossed for good news on the car.

3:12 AM  
Blogger K. said...

You guys go on the same searches my husband and I go on in Amish country! Too funny. I hope repairs are cheap!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home