Monday, August 21, 2006

Fee's better!

Thank you to all the well-wishers asking about Fee. We had a scary weekend involving a lot of TMI throwing up, but thanks to the Biokleen company we (including the carpet) got through it. The side effect of the medicine is throwing up about an hour after taking it. Any food that is not dry cat food - treats, ham, anything - seems to induce that particular side-effect. So no treats for you, Fee!

But she's more chipper, that's for sure. On Saturday morning I sectioned off a corner of the bedroom with a clothes basket and gave her food, water, kitty grass, a cat box and a bed. She hid under the bed in that corner all day, but yesterday seemed brighter and cheerier and ate well and hung out with me and Schmade for most of the day.

So I feel a lot better because she's better, and my ancient ninja tactic for giving a kitty a pill without additionally losing a finger seems to be working, or at least the unpleasantness only lasts about 30 seconds.

I scored big time (thank you Sheila!) at Threaded Bliss - she's having a big two-week sale and I got some yarn I've wanted forever...8 skeins of Silky Wool in a lovely brown color and 8 skeins of Reynolds Mandalay 100% silk in oatmeal, the yarn and color spec'd for the Cozy pattern from Knitty, which I am going to attempt to make for Christmas for Mom, or maybe her birthday (which is later). The Silky Wool is going to be a Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan, with a few modifications. As soon as I finish my other Fetching glove to free up the needle I need, I'm off!

Y'all. I am going to knit a real live sweater! Wish me luck - I need it.

6 Comments:

Blogger silverarrowknits said...

Yea for yarn! I really like using the Silky Wool. I have used it for two lace scarves and the yarn has great stitch definition.

12:54 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Glad to hear Fee is better. Silky wool sounds nice.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Glad to hear Fee is feeling better - it's so scary when they just hide away like that!

A whole sweater?? Can't wait!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Hooray for Fee!!! And you and your carpet :)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

LUCK!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I am so glad to hear that Fee is doing better!

Um, secret ninja trick??

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home