Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Very Fetching!

I finished the thumb on the second, then realized I did the bindoff wrong in two places (forgot that ever-important extra cast-on stitch for the picot), ripped it back, redid, ran out of yarn at the last five stitches, added in some extra, wove in ends and voila -

Very Fetching
Very Fetching, don't you think?

I also swatched again last night. This time I started a swatch in the Silky Wool to see if I'd like it better knitted up at 24 spi. I don't - so I think I'm going to go with a pattern that knits up at 23. (The other swatch I did was 22, and feels just a tad too loose.) I'll let y'all know once I've cast on the hundred million stitches it takes to make this piece (on size 4s).

For the moment, I need to work on my socks. The siren song of Schaefer Anne is calling my name, wanting to be those Meg Swanson socks from VK (though, sadly, they will not be knee socks). I heard the whole printed pattern is wrong, as in, they printed the wrong pattern - so if you make 'em, double check the VK errata page!

Happy Wednesday.

5 Comments:

Blogger silverarrowknits said...

Fetching looks great.

::sigh:: There is something somewhat frustrating about knowing one most check errata before knitting a pattern, especially one from a magazine. I know knitting magazines must be very busy, but would it hurt to profread the pattern just a tiny bit before sending the magazine to the printing presses?

8:35 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh! I love the chocolate color!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Looks great, and brown is lovely.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "heads up" about Meg's pattern. I usually check for magazine and book errata after they've been out a couple of months and then print them out and attach to the pattern or book. I just hadn't looked yet. I'll bet Meg was not a Happy Camper about that.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

They turned out wonderfully!! And thanks for the heads up about that pattern.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home