Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dye-O-Rama meme

For my Dye-O-Rama pallie:

Questions specific to this swap:
Your favorite colors? Oh dear...I like mostly anything but I'm not real fond of purple. Or teal. I tend to like muted colors best.

Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Fingering or Sport

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Multi, but solid is A-OK too.

If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? Vari or self-striping

Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? Wool-nylon or wool-silk is ok, no acrylic (I'm allergic)

Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Mars Hill

What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? Something that would push me to do more than just play around with dye.

General yarn/fiber questions:
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Yes

If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? So far I like Kool-Aid best, though the colours aren't so great. I'm going to try Jacquard next.

Do you spin? Only in circles.

Have you knit socks before? Please.

Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? Whatever I think it's good for, but mostly socks.

What are some of your favorite yarns? Love Koigu, Paton's Classic Wool, Wool of the Andes, Blue Sky Cotton, Cascade Sierra, Socks that Rock, Vesper, Sundara and All Things Heather, Dreambaby DK (it's one of the few acrylics I can use).

What yarn do you totally covet? At the moment, Sundara DK Silky Merino or Rowan Cashsoft DK

Favorite patterns? I like Clapotis a lot; at the moment I like just about anything by Anna Bell.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? I don't know.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Inox Express metal; Addi Natura bamboo; circs

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I would be Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport

Nothing to do with knitting/yarn/fiber in any way but seemed kinda fun:

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I'm not really a candy gal, but I do like chocolate. Don't know if that's mailable! I love tea, especially green tea. And pretzels. Oh, and popcorn. How could I forget that?

What’s your favorite animal? Giraffe

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Two cats - a Maine Coon named Fiona who is 4 years old and a gray tabby named Grady who is 8.

If you were a color what color would you be? warm rose or brick brick red

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s): How embarrassing - my favorite shirt is a man's flannel shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch; it's red and gold plaid and can be seen here and here. If we were talking fashion, my favorite shirts are basic t's from Banana Republic.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Sunsets.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. There are two: 1) "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." (Jim Elliot) and 2) "They will know we are Christians by our t-shirts."

Do you have a wishlist? Somewhere, yes. If you want it, let me know!

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? Cheetos! Have some Cheetos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home