Saturday, April 22, 2006

Now I know why it's called Dixie

I've lived in the South since after my first year of college - 17 years this year (OUCH) and I've just figured out why they call it Dixie. Dixon - Dixie. As in Mason-Dixon.

As in these wonderful ladies.
Ann and Kay sign books

I tried both a Whoopie Pie (Yankee) and a Moon Pie (Rebel). Here's a picture of the Whoopie Pies.
Yankee

(I liked them better, but then, I'm originally from Michigan.)

Lindsey's log-cabin blanket is a work of art:
That Log Cabin Blanket

More people enjoying the party:
David and Catherine
David (King of Socks) and Catherine

Catherine and Niquie
Catherine and Niquie

Betty
Betty

Bethany, Mary Lou and Sheila
Bethany, Mary Lou and Sheila (note that Sheila is wearing a Yankees hat and shirt; she also wore cowboy boots).

Ann, Jen and Kay
Me with Ann and Kay

And finally, my two dishcloths (which do you like better?) and the very beginning of my mom's walker bag:
Cotton Adventures

(I also met the extra-cool Angela of Nashville SnB, who brought in the most beautiful quilt ever.)

(Two pounds of worsted cotton is about 1600 yards. It's not as much as you'd think. But man, a double-strand of this stuff is seriously tiring to knit with!)

Today - off to the Flying Fish Festival in Russellville, KY to hear my favorite band play! My goal this afternoon is "tasty barbecue."

I'm really glad I live in the South. It was by choice. (No offense to my fellow Yankees.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I can't choose between the two dishcloths because they're both great - one yellow bricks, one red bricks.

Sounds like you had a great evening!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

They're Lego cloths!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful to meet you Lovey!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
It was good to meet you last night. Thanks for the picture of Emma. I think you'll like working with the Lanaset dyes and learning to mix your own colors. The folks at Earthguild are great. They are in NC and orders in early in the day go out that day IME. I've ordered from them and gotten my rder like the next day sometimes!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Wow, sounds like a good weekend! I love whoopie pies!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home