Sunday, April 23, 2006

Here

Here

Is a picture of Mom from the summer of 2004:



with Nephew. At Boondocks, best fish restaurant ever. (She got a real good health report today, full recovery expected, and her PT made her walk a long way with no walker and no cane.)

Here

Is a picture of my cotton yarn:

Somebody stop me

It is clear I'm a little obsessed lately. NO MORE COTTON. (That's 600 grams of colors and 900 grams of plain. Two pounds of plain, in fact. It's gradually and with great pain becoming Absorba - the bath mat from MD Knitting - I'm knitting with FOUR strands held together. OW.)

Here

Is a picture of two of the new giraffes at the Nashville Zoo:

Giraffes

Congo (male) is in front. He's 15 months old and stands 12 feet tall. Either Margarita or Savannah is in the back.

They are awesome.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your mom is so young (maybe you are, too :-). Hard to believe she's had such a tough go of it lately. Glad she is doing better now.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Heh - in 2004 my mom was 60 and I was 34. :)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Like I said...I haven't been 34 in a while :-(.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

My wrists are aching in sympathy already! Your mom's about the same age as my dad. :)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

Were you at the zoo this weekend? We went on Saturday. Zoos are great. I love zoos.

8:16 AM  
Blogger ~k said...

My hands hurt just looking at that yarn. Wow. You're crazy.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home