Friday, March 03, 2006

Plans

I'm going to borrow a bit from the Natalya pattern and knit across half my stitches, place a marker, inc 1, pm, knit the other half. And increase one stitch near each marker till I have 15 stitches between them, then put them on waste yarn and go back later and knit in 2 x 2 rib until it's as long as the top cuff. I worry that somehow I might be inadvertently closing off the hole if I do it that way, so I will have to be careful.

Or, I can start it as a separate piece with one or two stitches and increase to 15, knit the ribbing, and put it in the seam. But I'll need a selvedge stitch or two.

What do you think? Is either one obviously destined for failure? The problem with the Natalya pattern in this case is that it's knit in the round and I'm knitting flat. I can do a gusset no problem in the round, but this will be trés challenge.

I bought that RAM for my new computer last night and also a cool little case for my iPod. It's nice and clear. The belt clip that comes with it has a spring-loaded release so you can easily take it on and off. What I like best is that you can see the cool design of the iPod instead of seeing a case. And the RAM? In most cases, this new computer is now faster than my work computer. And that is fast.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Dang, the ipod case session link is timed out, so I can't gawk and covet. :)

Uh, I'm really bad at visualizing knitting stuff, so I think it's best I don't try!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home