Sunday, February 26, 2006

Finished!

I finished at 1:32pm CST. (Hope that counts!)

Pattern: Elfine's Socks
Yarn: Socks that Rock, Red Rock Canyon
Needles: Addi Turbo 40", size 0
Modifications: You can see the stitches I added in to the leg; I made the heel deeper, shortened the cuff to my liking and added ribbing at the top. I used a figure 8 cast on for the right sock, and the "easy toe" cast on from Knitty's Techniques with Theresa for the other.

Time spent: eternity
General satisfaction level: very happy
Injury report: will ice/advil right hand

Seriously, I can't believe I finished these. This pattern challenged me in ways I haven't been challenged since I was a new knitter (I learned one year ago this weekend, by the way!). For the second sock, I gave up the chart and used the line instructions with a sticky note. It worked a lot better for me. Considering I knit most of these with a terrible viral/ear infection, they were my first toe-ups, first wrapped short-row heels, and first time using size 0 needles, I'm pretty happy with them! Astonished, actually.

I'm glad I gave up the stockinette leg - it really didn't look as nice.

They're comfortable, roomy socks. I can't wait to wear them!

Olympic Socks, view 2

7 Comments:

Blogger Niquie said...

Those look great! So awesome!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thank you!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yippee!! You can rest your hand now! Love the colors! Enjoy them!
Congrats! Z

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well done Missy! :o) They are quite lovely, and I can't wait to knit some up for myself!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Jen, they're gorgeous!! Yay for you! And that sooo counts. Congrats!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Those are awesome!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They turned out great! I like the patterned legs better too. :)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home