Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The first, but not the last

Let me recommend, by way of the lovely and talented Grumperina, Sundara Yarn Company.

This stuff is just breathtakingly pretty. I ordered two hanks of this for a "me" project. My sock stash is reaching epidemic proportions, but I'll knit it up (YEAH RIGHT!).

Anyway, support this chick's business! The yarn is amazing!

In knitting news, I wore the wristwarmer a lot today and decided it was a tad too small. I tossed around a bunch of options - knit in a panel, add a thumb gusset. While LOST was on I decided to rip out the seaming. I found out how well I weave in ends - I started undoing the bottom cast-on edge of the mitt! So I frogged. It's ok - it's only a night's work. I'm going to reknit it on bigger needles and see if that takes care of the problem. I want to modify this pattern. For one, the seaming seems unnecessary if I could knit it in the round and use the Dragon Scale Gauntlet's brilliant idea of knitting back-and-forth (like a heel flap) for the thumb hole. But then, I'd really like a thumb in there too. A nice ribbed thumb to match the upper ribbing. I'm going to figure out how to do this, and if it looks good I'll post the pattern.

I'm watching some friends' kids this weekend (Kirs! Join me!) and I will hopefully have a lot of knitting time. I took good notes, and I'm going to go off on as many tangents as I can to get this right.

Mmmm, Karabella. But did you see how easily I abandoned it for some good sock yarn? Pathetic!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Perfectly understandable - who can resist the siren call of sock yarn?

7:23 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That is lovely sock yarn... I just may have to buy some... perhaps Acid Daffodil.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaw, you are so sweet! I googled my little business today to see what people were saying and came across your site. I so hope you like your yarn! And if you do get around to knitting it up (I know how that goes) send me pictures! I'd love to see it. I may even start a little gallery.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home