Monday, March 06, 2006

Ok, so I ranted a little

But it's awfully quiet out there!

I worked quite a bit on the gauntlet this weekend (photos later, I need your opinions). It kind of looks like a tree trunk, and I'm not sure if the thumb is too long or what. So I finished one, put it aside, and started working the rework of the Prize socks for my friend.

On the plus side, my mattress stitch is now "there." As in, it has finally arrived. Good thing, because six months of foot-dragging is too long when you are waiting for your mattress stitch to "click" - way too long.

The sock yarn is so pretty. "Gunsmoke" doesn't really say anything - gun smoke isn't really anything more than a dirty white color. This should have been called "denim." It's exactly the color of my darkest jeans in the middle tones. Not the darkest, not the lightest...the middle.

It really glows in the daylight. In flourescent lights it's kind of a warm gray. I don't know if there will be light enough for a picture tonight, but I'll try. I've begun decreasing the gussets on one sock, and am about two rows into the second pattern repeat on the leg of the other (there are four to the heel). Tnight should be a good knitting night (I hope!).

About the Oscars - mostly terrible dresses. As always, Uma Thurman stood out as among the best dressed. I thought Jon Stewart was funny, but apparently I'm in the minority.

What do you think? Do you have any "must" beauty secrets for looking your best? Who looked fabo last night? And how is your grafting?

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

My grafting is good. :) My mattress stitch, not so much. I didn't watch the Oscars - I don't get any tv stations!

My beauty secrets these days tend to be along the lines of being clean and wearing sunscreen and occasionally getting my lashes tinted. I'm of the "screw makeup" camp these days! :)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

But that can be great! Sunscreen above all is the best thing you can do.

No tv...wow! Just wow.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I also thought Jon Stewart was funny. My grafting is good, and suprisingly so is my mattress stitch.
I've never worn makeup. My acne was so bad in high school that I couldn't wear any, so I just never learned how to apply it. Now I've gotten used to not wearing any.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see the Oscars but from the pictures I've seen, I thought Keira Knightly looked wonderful.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

As evidenced by the fact that I'm never guessed my 39 years. :)

I love to read, so I read while I knit. And I have a TV, but I borrow or rent or buy movies to watch on it.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home