Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Honesty

I'm tired.

I'm thinking about getting another course of immunotherapy for my asthma (allergy shots). I had them 30 years ago for it, but they don't last forever. Most people who know me would tell you I have never even mentioned that I had childhood asthma, or that my mom got me the allergy shots because she got tired of seeing me turn blue. Most people who know me don't know that I've had a rescue inhaler in a drawer or my purse all my life. Bet Kirsten doesn't even know, and she was my roommate for...years.

So, I'm tired. I'm tired today of being human and having to have faults and thinking about people dying at age 44 and other people being diagnosed with 4 months to live because they worked for a chemical company 50 years ago and oops, got exposed to radiation and asbestos and we're sorry, there's no treatment.

I mean, not to be preachy or anything but I literally do not know what people who do not have the hope of Christ do when they hear things like that.

So, my new little 10-year old knitting friend got a little package on her front porch tonight. Two balls of Bernat Boa and some Wool-Ease to strand them with, so she can have a fluffy scarf, and one ball of Sugar 'n Cream and two dishcloth patterns. And some needles. I know, dishcloths. But they are small, they are a finished object, and they are great confidence builders.

Everybody should knit dishcloths. Oh, and I got her two needles and a crochet hook. I hope she can figure out the blow dryer trick for straightening the cord, and yeah, I did tell her to ask an adult to help her (the nanny is going to be thinking I am crazy tomorrow afternoon).

I'm tired. Did I say that? Tomorrow I have to go to the dermatologist and get my skin examined with a fine tooth comb, my daily prescriptions renewed, and a strong warning to actually use my retin-a because of its anti-aging properties.

I have horrible, awful, yucky acne. You really don't need any more information than that, do you?

Tired.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

*hug*

7:16 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Awww, it'll be okay. *hug*
I got my awful acne when I was eight years old. It only really cleared up a few years ago. I've been on the full strength retin-a liquid, the kind that gets rid of your acne by burning all the skin off your face. I've been on tetra-cycline, emycin, and two rounds of Accutaine, which is the last resort drug. That's the one that can cause liver damage and depression in teens. Fun!
This too shall pass.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Have you ever done NAET? I swear by it since it's cured my kids of their allergies and asthma.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

What's NAET?

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home