Tuesday, January 03, 2006

An open letter of apology to Henry

apologies to Henry

Dear Henry,
After languishing in my knitting bag during all of Christmas break, your delight was obvious when I picked you up again tonight. The dismay on your face was equally obvious - and may I say painful to see - when I told you I could not finish knitting your right leg. I beg of you, dear Bear, to stop staring at me with your perfectly cherubic brown eyes. Of course the reason I failed to knit your leg tonight was that your face had to be completely redone, and I confess that it is my fault for sewing it on crookedly to begin with. You may rest easily tonight, however, as I will pick you up again tomorrow, and most ardently promise to complete your missing leg.

Please forgive me, but it is nearly midnight, and without sleep I become very cross.

Yours,
Jennifer


Dear Jennifer,
I shall accept your most sincere and heartfelt apology and eagerly expect completion of my leg tomorrow. Please remember that no matter how cross you may become for lack of sleep, my temper suffers ever more greatly at the absence of my limb.

Sincerely,
Henry

P.S. Also after gazing in the mirror for some time, it has become apparent to me that my right ear is slightly crooked. If you wouldn't mind straightening it out for me, I will be eternally at your service. - H

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee. Henry, humans have crooked ears, too. Perfect symmetry is unnatural. I think you should cut her a break on that one.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ha! That is so funny.

I like your blog, by the way!

10:52 AM  
Blogger mamaloo said...

So cute! I want to conquer Henry very soon. I've just completed two Kates.

Henry looks like such a happy bear!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jen! Obviously I like your blog as well. :)

And I do like Bob Roll - I read Bobke II last fall. But he is a nut!

3:36 PM  
Blogger ~k said...

Oh he's so darling! I want to start knitting darling little softies...but must finish the promised (at least to myself) knitting first.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home