Sunday, December 04, 2005

Two photos:

Grady

Fiona

Some things I have discovered:
YAY! KATE GILBERT HAD HER BABY!

1. When people refer to giving "Greenies" to their cats, they are talking about a) a treat and b) a treat for cats. No wonder my cats wouldn't touch the doggie kind I bought them. (Snobs.)

2. Chicken soup on a Sunday afternoon when the Titans are losing and the sky is threatening snow is very nice indeed. Here is a recipe. You need a grater to do this.

1 carrot
1 celery stalk
1 cup onion
1 zucchini
3-4 cloves garlic

(grate veggies and saute in 1 tbsp oil)

1 chicken breast, shredded
1 box broth
2 bay leaves
salt & pepper
1 cup cooked rice

(add this to the veggies, boil 10 minutes, simmer 30 minutes or so and enjoy)

Simple and easy! And tasty. I like adding a little "better than bouillion" and water to it once it starts boiling. And I made ice tea, and cheese dip and guac for a work party tomorrow. Cookeriffic!

3. The new Pride & Prejudice movie is the Best. One. Ever.

4. My family seems to all want to forego the spendfest that is our usual holiday custom and do something a bit more sedate this year. I'm happy about that.

5. Cabling without a cable needle really IS fast - I am still flying through the Irish Hiking Scarf and hope to finish it by Wednesday night. Along with Guitar Boy's second sock.

6. There is a little rubber brush called a Zoom Groom that works absolute wonders on the hairy little rugrats who live with me. It was $7 and I kind of balked at that but now knowing what it's like I would pay double that. It is just short of miraculous! They love it.

7. I think today would be a good day to have a fire in the fireplace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

by

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home