Friday, December 09, 2005

Happy Friday Before the Friday Before Christmas

(I think)

Narnia was very good, very entertaining. The scenery, camerawork, art direction, costumes and set design are positively awesome. I found the story a tiny bit rushed or thin for some reason I can't put my finger on, but only up till a point. Then it got bigger, quick. Everything happened so fast and they just ran with it. Every kid in the audience was left with his mouth hanging open by the end. Mine wasn't far behind. Plus I got a cool swag hat that says "Aslan is on the move" on the back of it.

When I came home yesterday from work, I noticed Mr Honda had backed nicely and neatly into one (and only one) parking space. Perhaps his heart did grow!

Hooray and hallelujah, I finished the socklets! Pictures later. I can't post them yet for an unspecified reason. I printed an article from Knitty (Techniques with Theresa, specifically) on grafting. When last I wrote I'd had a horribly frustrating evening of trying to bind off the toe of the Guitar Boy sock. I have never grafted before, nor have I done anything other than your basic short-row toe. So I made a mess of things, and tonight I plan to clean that mess up! I am going to graft the toes and hopefully will have yet another FO to add to the list. The Irish Hiking Scarf is clipping along nicely and I'd say I'm at the 75% range now. So maybe by Sunday...but I shouldn't get cocky, eh?

I had to leave work at 4 today to go for a walk. I'm feeling so depressed and sunlight-starved and sedentary it's crazy. The temperature is 26 with a wind chill of 19. I wore two t-shirts, a sweatshirt, my teflon-coated thinsulate lined parka, my Aslan hat and gloves. My fingers were freezing for about 10 minutes and then I pulled out the sleeves of the sweatshirt and wound them all up together with the gloves. By the time I hit 15 minutes I got positively hot and had to unzip my jacket and take off my hat for a minute or two to desteam.

Let's see if I can find a picture to post. Ok, here's one. This is Fee sitting in the dining room. She's looking at a Degas print on the wall. She likes to sit on the floor with her front legs resting on the crossbar of the chair. She's done this from day one. She's your basic garden-variety kook.

Fee

1 Comments:

Blogger ~k said...

Oh Fee! She's a doll-kook.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home