Monday, May 12, 2008

Things are looking up!

Well, I have finally figured out why I've been so blah and out of touch this past month, hardly knitting and wheezing and just generally feeling bad and whining. I went to the doc on Friday asking for a nebulizer because my asthma was waking me up at night and I was not feeling good at all during the day. Turns out I am having an exacerbation. Which is a fancy way of saying a bad attack that won't clear up without heavy-duty medicine. And I also have bronchitis, which I seriously had no idea about - no fever, no anything. (I should have got the memo when I went for a walk and had to stop because I felt dizzy.)

So it's three days later and I am already feeling better. It's amazing how much bigger my lungs feel. Plus this tea called Breathe Deep has been a godsend. I mean really.

Best of all it explains why I've been feeling bad for so long. And I am on the upswing!

Nashville knitters: Don't forget the celebration for Betty's pattern in Summer IK at Threaded Bliss on Saturday the 17th from 3-5 pm! Be there or be a granny square!

(Just kidding, we LOVE granny squares at the I-Cord!)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

Glad you are feeling better!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

oh yuck. i've never heard of or had an exacerbation. good to hear that you're better. my asthma was really bad earlier this spring, i think it's under control now. for now....

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Asthma sucks ass. Mine has been terrible for the last couple weeks but I'm glad I haven't needed a nebulizer treatment. Hope you're feeling great soon!

And I'll have to hunt down that tea to try. :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Oy! but good to hear you've got it figured out. I keep putting off a trip to my doc...

1:16 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Bronchitis! I'm glad you went to see the doctor, bronchitis doesn't go away without antibiotics and an inhaler when you have asthma. Plus, allergy season doesn't help. Only last week, I went for a walk and felt like there was an elephant on my chest. Then I started taking my meds, and lo and behold, I can breathe again.

Take good care of yourself, I'm so glad you got checked out!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home