Friday, May 02, 2008

What do you do when your cat looks like this?

Maybe it was just a bad moment, but this looks pretty sinister. (I am just glad I got them both in the same shot for once, though.) This picture perfectly captures their personalities.

Personality shots

Here's the progress on my sock. Pattern is my arch-shaped sock pattern (boy, I was creative with THAT name) and yarn is Sundara sock yarn in Green Tea. Morning light loooooooves this yarn.

Arch-shaped sock

If I were to do this all over again (which I will, as soon as I finish the toe of sock #1), I would not make the decreases match the ribbing. If you remember I recommended doing knit decreases when the ribbing is on knit stitches, etc, but I think it looks rather messy and doesn't contribute to the sock at all. A quick study of the gallery on Ravelry (66 people made them! Woo!) showed me that most people who knitted the sock in ribbing just did the decreases normally.

You should too.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - Grady and Chaos have the malevolent stare DOWN.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Seriously. They must practice in front of the mirror when we aren't looking.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not just the morning light- *I* love that yarn! Will have to check out the pattern, really cool.

3:20 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ooooh that sock yarn is GORGEOUS!

Love the pic of the cats. Seriously, that's an awesome shot.

4:25 PM  
Blogger She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

Ooo, I can hear that kitty from here.

Love the socks - yummy yarn.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Of course the cat looks sinister. That's the look of plotting to take over the world!

Lovely sock. Beautiful color... I don't think there's anything wrong with it, it's very pretty.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

:) Your cats look just mine do when they're plotting unspeakable evil!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Megs said...

Thought you, of all people, could appreciate this:
http://hopedoesnotdisappoint.blogspot.com/2008/05/dumbest-cat-ever.html

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home