Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Somebody is NOT a morning person.

I mean SHEESH. Get that thing out of my face!

Somebody is just NOT a morning person.

(Actually, Fee is now so famous she travels with bodyguards, and makes terrible faces for the paparazzi.)

And somebody else is rolling a bit lighter these days:

Schmade is rolling a bit lighter these days.

Not that you could tell from this blobby picture, but I do think his face is thinner.

Grady has been going for walks with me at night. I kid you not! He patrols the building, and when he gets scared, he runs for the door. (You don't know how happy that makes me.) I bought a little loop harness thing and used it last night and it's ok - unless he panics. Then he coughs because it pulls on his throat.

I think Zyrtec is finally working for me, or else the Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids I've been taking. Everybody says the C helps a ton, including medical websites. I don't feel congested anymore though I can still see the allergies a bit on my face. You know what I mean, right? Puffiness. Blech. But so much better to be able to breathe! And not have those ridiculously itchy eyes.

I am knitting a pair of arch-shaped socks with Sundara sock yarn in Green Tea. I don't remember if I mentioned it but I am knitting this pair in ribbing, thanks to the many people on Ravelry who've done it. It's a simple concept to work the decreases in pattern but you'd think I knitted them in the dark - very messy on one side while I tried to figure it out. The basic concept is, knit like the pattern (in my sidebar) says till you get to the top of the foot. Then when you do the decreases for the arch shaping, make your decrease work with whatever stitch is next.

So if - working from the center top of the foot - you are knitting 2x2 ribbing and you come to the end, which would be k2, p1 if you centered your ribbing pattern over the foot, you do a k2tog, because the stitch AFTER the decrease is a knit stitch, and you want to keep it in pattern. (ssk on the other side, where the stitches read p1, k2 as you come to them.) Then you do a knit round and decrease again - also a knit to keep it in pattern. Knit a round. The NEXT round is going to be a purl decrease to keep it in pattern, so p2tog on that side, and ssp on the other side. (Do that like a ssk except put both sts back on the left needle after you slip them, and purl two together.)

I am not a morning person either, so leave me a comment if that doesn't make sense and I will try to show you better.

I entered my bookshelf in on Facebook and man, am I schizophrenic. At the moment I'm reading Theodore Rex (biography of Teddy Roosevelt's presidency), a book called Making Comics, and The Element of Lavishness, which is a book of letters between a writer and her editor, and is completely fabulous. They are all COMPLETELY different.

Oh, and I finally read The Shack. Would anybody like a review? You know how I am, right?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yay for allergy symptoms being more under control! I can totally relate to the puffy face and itchy eyes, even on Allegra and Sudafed. Blech.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

Those are sweet-looking kitties!

Allergies - the down side of spring ...

11:06 AM  
Blogger She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

I heard The Shack was great. I can't wait to read it. Did you like it? I wish God would leave me a note sometimes . . .

9:33 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I've got that same Green Tea yarn - but I made Snicket Socks with it, myself. I adore the colourway - so bright and vibrant a thing to look at early in the morning before I've had any coffee!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

LOL, Fee! Adam used to want to buy this thing for our rabbits, I think people use them to "walk" cats, but it was like this mesh stroller thing. Bizarre. And very funny.

I just added you on facebook! I'm the same way with the books, I'm always reading 3 or 4 books, a couple of serious, slow going educational books with some fun page-turners! :)

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I'd known you needed the cat harness; I've got one I could get rid of. Never had a cat that could tolerate the thing, & I live in a semi-rural area (lots of racoons! 50 mph speed limit on road!), so my kitties are indoors only. BTW, the big ball of Icord is now about 10" in diameter, with no end in sight! tresdivine.blogspot.com

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home