Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ugh, Thursday already?

Well, time flies.

I've had overwhelming, painful sinus pressure in my face since Monday. (Wanna see a neat trick? Press on my right cheek and that eye will water! Oooo!) Last night my doc called in some cortisone. I haven't taken it in years, so it was a surprise to take the first dose this morning and feel like I could run around the block 16 times by 10am. I don't like being riled up, and I don't like cortisone, but there isn't any way I'm going to recover from my allergy mess right now without it. I'm still in pain, but Mom says I should start feeling better this afternoon.

Pollen is turned up to 11. Actually, "25" is the top end of "extremely heavy" and we are at 27. So it's actually kind of a wonder I haven't stopped breathing altogether.

Needless to say, not a lot of knitting going on this week. I apologize for my absence and as soon as I start feeling better I promise to post like crazy. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope you feel better!
We'll still be here.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Ugh. Every year, I see people getting hammered with allergies, and I am both thankful and slightly guilt-ridden that I am allergy-free.

Feel better soon!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I am greeeeeeeen with envy. Greeeeeeeen.

urwgvthr is my secret code word. If it was urgwthr it would be so, so appropriate!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Ivy Mae said...

You know, I have never had allergies before--ever--until this spring. My sinuses have been killing me, but I'm not really sick, and I didn't realize what was going on until I read your post and looked out at the half-inch of pollen covering my car. I hate allergies! Why couldn't they have stayed away?!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Mine don't start till July, but I feel your pain. Feel better soon!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home