Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Cautionary Tale

Note to self: Just a small thought:Try to make your sock ribbings the same length when you are knitting the sample of your pattern for pictures. Making one of them ten rounds and the other 20 on a top-down sock does nobody any favors, and I am just warning you that next time you do it you probably won't see it until AFTER you cast off the toe...just like this time.

P.S. I think you scared the cats when you dicovered this, and Fiona is probably still hiding under the bed.

Coming soon: Reversi!

4 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I suppose this would be the wrong time to point out the virtues of the toe-up technique?

6:42 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

I've slowly been converting the staff at my favorite LYS to toe-up. :-)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I'm just at the 10 row mark of a 20 row sock ribbing. Thanks for the caution!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooosh, that stinks. Normally I'd say cut it and fix carefully, but if it's for pictures...*sigh*

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home