Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Clarification

For those of you who are extremely curious about the rant I deleted yesterday - it was about the insufficiency of Bar*ck Ob*ma's attempt to exonerate his pastor's raving about crazy, incoherent conspiracy theories from the pulpit. Ob*ma made his speech about race - and that's fine. This country needs to talk about that. But man, did he ignore the 600 pound gorilla in the room. If you want to know what I am talking about, click here.

Open, free, passionate speech is something I support. Airing wrongs is something I support. I categorically defend his pastor's right to speak out loud in this country whatever he wants to say. But this man believes that America created H1V to kill off certain parts of the population. This is Ob*ma's pastor - spiritual guide and leader. There have been other "christian" kooks who have preached this kind of message, and I don't like them, either. I respect their right to say it, but I don't have to believe in the supposed good judgment of those who put themselves under it.

Your mileage may vary. That's ok - it's a free country, and that is what I love about it. Isn't it fabulous that we are under absolutely no threat for speaking our minds?

7 Comments:

Blogger spleenal said...

yeah he got up to address the issue at hand then talked about something eles as if it were the subject at hand.
If he becomes president he'll have to do a lot of that.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

:) I think you're right.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely. The issue isn't race relations, it's pure, unabashed hatespeak from his *pastor*. If my pastor were to say anything like that, I would be out the door before he finished getting the words out.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Bridget said...

You said it! Too bad he didn't.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said and thanks for saying it!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another good article about the speech:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/questions_for_obama_1.html

4:24 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Those are the people I blame for having to defend why I'm a Christian. There are different kinds, and I'm not the kooky bigoted or kooky conspiracy theorist kind.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home