Monday, April 14, 2008

One of these things is not like the others...

A few weeks ago I bought a couple of toys from the Cat Shoppe here in town (home of the catnip cigar Fee enjoys so much). There's one called Da Bird, which is the only thing I have ever seen Grady chase until he just can't get up any more. The other big hit is an 89-cent peacock feather. I have no idea if it's an ACTUAL peacock feather, but that doesn't seem to bother Fee.

I mean, this kitty is SERIOUS about her peacock feather. See what I mean? Here is the old one and two replacement models I bought this weekend:

One of these things is not like the others

The funny part is that I really didn't think she'd mutilated hers all that much, but I could see the top was kind of breaky so I decided to get some new ones just in case. But when I lined them up? Ack! Fee the Destructor strikes!

The other hilarious cat thing is that Grady and I have been out on a couple of walks. He seems to really enjoy walking around and around the building next to ours. There is a breezeway so he can do laps. He seems to know the position of our door, but not which floor we live on. It's been kind of interesting watching him try to find it. I think yesterday it finally clicked for him.

After the walks, he comes inside and lays on the big tile floor in the entry and pants like a dog. Between the regular non-fat-cat-cat-food and all the playing, I can actually feel his ribs for the first time ever. He's 11 and not slowing down a single bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Go, Grady!!

Hee hee - May would devour those peacock feathers down to little nubs.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

LOL! Go Fee!!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a stray peacock feather I was letting my kitten play with - she went wild!

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home