Sunday, April 06, 2008

Presenting, Reversi!

Queue this on Ravelry!

Finished Reversi

The Reversi pattern is finally done. I would like to especially thank Julie of Knitilicious for being my patient, thorough, and kickin' test-knitter.

Reversi is a pattern that challenges what you normally think about sock and lace knitting. You don't have to do the decreases the "prescribed" way. I came up with these socks starting with a lace pattern in Vogue's most excellent sock book. By modifying certain things and changing certain other things, Reversi was born. I didn't stop at the pattern repeat, though - the heel features a lot of flip-floppy things as well (and so does the toe). Reversi is sized for an 8" diameter foot. (If you need smaller or larger you can easily knit it at a smaller or larger gauge, or take out/add in pattern repeats.)

The pattern is suitable for adventurous beginners - if you can knit in the round, increase, decrease and are willing to follow instructions on how to knit a flap heel, you can do this pattern.

The price is $5 US.

I haven't had any luck getting PayPal to work properly here, so let's do it this way till I figure it out. If you want to buy the pattern, send me an email at meangirlATcomcastDOTnet - doing the usual replacements. I will send you a PayPal invoice and we'll work from there. I am sorry about that extra step - I don't know what I am doing wrong.

NOTE: If you purchased this pattern before 5/5/08, there is a correction to the heel flap! The error and what to do instead are here. Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are awesome! Way to go!!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Looks excellent!

10:17 PM  
Blogger smelk-o-matic said...

Very nice! I have the Vogue Ultimate sock book, too, and I think knit this same stitch pattern (although, I realize you changed it!). Check it out.

Smiles,
Erin

4:56 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh, that is so pretty too!

9:44 PM  
Blogger noblinknits said...

Wow, they look very lovely. I will put the pattern on my wishlist.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

WOW! Those are some gorgeous socks! If I ever work up the nerve to make socks, I'll be buying that pattern!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home