Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Taking the pictures was like playing Twister!™

Reversi

This is my leg up on the bathroom counter. Which would be...ridiculous...if it weren't for the slammin' sock that is gracing my toesies. It fits well, it's comfy and I really love the waves the pattern makes.

In other words, I finished it tonight! While the girls on Idol were bellowing their hearts out, I was grafting the toe closed. And...what do y'all think?

This pattern is going to be called Reversi. You've probably heard the word before - it's the title of a game where you aim to flip your opponents' tiles from white to black or vice versa. There's a reason it's called Reversi, which will be explained when I post the pattern.

And the pattern is coming soon, my lovelies! I am trying to decide if I should post it through here AND Ravelry, and whether I should give it away or try selling it for a small fee. I am just not sure. Hopefully I'll have the other one knit soon! My lovely and talented test-knitter reports that she is just past the heel of her first. It will be a little while before it's ready to post - I have to knit my second sock, the test-knit has to be finished, and I have to format the pattern.

Here's a personality shot of the gusset (up top is the beauty shot):

Reversi

Happy Thursday! (It's a darn good thing I am a better knitter than bathroom-counter-cleaner. Sorry for the black mark but I couldn't bear for you to see my abysmal cleaning skillz.)

11 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Ooh, I would probably be willing to pay money for that pattern. What yarn did you use?

12:10 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Gorgeous!

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Oh I love the pattern! I would definitely purchase it if you choose to go with selling it rather than giving it away.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Beautiful!!!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

I love them and look forward to the pattern! That colorway is gorgeous too. I seem to have a lot in that hue around my place right now.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Wow! Love it, especially the gusset!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Really pretty!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to knit those! I used to think I didn't really like knitting socks but lately they're all I think about knitting! Too bad I've given away all my sock yarn. :(

9:21 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Lovely - I'd like to knit those.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Thank you for contorting yourself to bring us pictures of your lovely sock!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Val said...

I love it. Thanks for sharing.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home