Friday, February 08, 2008

Yarn update

Quite a few of you asked what the yarn we used for Bink was. I don't know that it's expressly the fault of the yarn that the blanket fell apart. Betty knit one strip that came unravelled, and I knit the other. The cast-off edge came out and the stitches are all still sitting there patiently. The seaming yarn held the horizontal bars in place, so it's like 44 dropped stitches in a row. Provided I can find the seaming yarn to remove, it will be relatively easy to fix. I'll have more pictures this weekend.

Anyway, the yarn itself is KnitPicks Swish Superwash. The colors are really beautiful and the yarn is a dream to knit up. True to its name, it didn't felt, but I am not sure I'd say I'm impressed with its washability or maybe I should say "durability." I am reserving judgment on that until after it's fixed.

Happy Friday, dearies!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it scary that I knew instantly what that yarn was when you said it was superwash? I know so many dang babies that I think I have the colors memorized of all the major superwash brands out there.

Good luck with the repairs! Sending good vibes your way that it will stick together this time. :)

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh, hit publish by mistake, the comment above is mine!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

How's the repair going? Any further ideas on what the h-e-hockey sticks happened?

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home