Tuesday, February 12, 2008

New socks! New socks!

Jaywalkin'

LOVE THESE. I know they look kinda clowny and all but I LOVVVVVE them.

Pattern: Jaywalker, by Grumperina, published through MagKnits.
Yarn: The amazingly soft, shiny and lovely Vesper sock yarn, available here. (This colourway is Love Stinks (Yeah Yeah).)
Needles: 1.5mm Inox Express, magic loop
Time to completion: Oh, I don't know - a month?

Modifications: Well, the heel is really all I changed. For one thing, I dislike it when sock patterns ask you to knit 1, slip 1 and purl back. Much easier to sl1, p1 across on the wrong side and then knit back for the same effect - and less purling! So I did that. Also, I reversed the gusset decreases so the first decrease you come to is a skpo and the second is a k2tog. It's sort of sneaky how they work. I'll have to take another picture of the heel. I forgot all about it.

I'm dreaming up a sock pattern at the moment, actually, based on the concept of reversing decreases and the fun and interesting shapes they make. I think it will be called Reversi. Not sure though - I'm only midway through the second repeat of my pattern, and it could totally tank by the time I make the heel!

Happy Tuesday.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, not clowny --- FABulous!!!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

WOW! Your socks are AWESOME!! I love the colors!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Just what you need in the middle of winter. :)

9:43 AM  
Blogger smelk-o-matic said...

These are fantastic - I'm actually working on a modified jaywalker right now, too! Also, good tip about the heel...why didn't I think of that?

Smiles,
Erin

10:00 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh, I love them—they're FUN!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

They are beautiful!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Very Nice! And, it's all your fault I got the last skein of it the other day ;) hehe

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's awful. I like it.
Nilüfer from Turkey
www.defterim.blogcu.com

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home